What is RGIA?
The DOST’s Grants-In-Aid (GIA) program aims to harness the country’s scientific and technological capabilities to spur and attain a sustainable economic growth and development. Through the funding of relevant S&T undertakings, the GIA program is designed to contribute to productivity improvement and quality of life of Filipinos by generating and promoting appropriate technologies. It also aims to strengthen the participation of various S&T sectors particularly in research and development (R&D), promotion, technology transfer and utilization, human resources development, information dissemination, advocacy, and linkages. The GIA program provides grants for the implementation of programs/projects identified in the current DOST priorities and thrusts and supports S&T activities classified in the General Appropriations Act (GAA).
What can we get from RGIA?
·Funding of research and development (R&D), promotion, technology transfer and utilization, human resources development, information dissemination, advocacy, and linkages;
·Pilot testing of new or scaled-up invention and potential application in Metro Manila;
·Enhancement of community based institutions through application of S&T based interventions and various capacity building activities;
·Enhancement of instructional and engineering capacities and facilities of SUCs to facilitate R&D activities through equipment and facility upgrading
Who may apply?
The program is open to:
·Any Filipino public or private entity with proven competence may apply for GIA support of DOST and its grant-giving units, provided that projects are based in the Philippines and for the benefit of Filipinos.
·The eligibility of project proponents shall be determined by the DOST agency concerned based on his / her readiness in terms of technical, managerial, financial and marketing capabilities (if necessary). As such the proponent shall submit documents/proof of the following: credentials / proof of capability, track record, and endorsement of his/her institution. R&D program/project leader shall possess, at least, an MS degree in a relevant field.
·Preference shall be given to DOST-accredited science foundations and members of the DOST network and its agencies.
·Proponents with no previous accountabilities with DOST.
What are the requirements?
An applicant shall submit documents that are required by respective DOST funding/source agencies. These shall include, among others, the following:
1. Complete proposal following the DOST format (See Annex A for Forms- DOST Form No. 1-proposal for S&T Promotion and Linkages projects; Form Nos. 2A, 2B, 2B-1, and 2B-2, for a full-blown proposal for R&D projects; and Form No. 2C for technology transfer and related activities).
2. Detailed breakdown of the required fund assistance to indicate the counterpart of the proponent’s institution and other fund sources to be accompanied by a cash program indicating the cash requirements of the project on a monthly basis. All projects with private sector participation funded under GIA funds of DOST and its agencies must have counterpart contribution from the private sector.
3. SEC registration for partnerships, corporations, non-government organizations, documents of incorporation of the private sector proponent and other related legal documents.
4. Curriculum Vitae of Project Leader and other core researchers / implementers.
5. Accomplishment reports and audited financial reports of previous DOST-GIA funded projects (if any).
6. Approval from the institution’s ethics review board or from an institutional animal care and use committee.
7. For proponents connected with private sector, Surety Bond Application Form, Co-signers Statement (if applicable) and a copy of Income Tax Return.
How to apply?
Interested customer/s may send a letter of interest to avail of the RGIA assistance together with the requirements to:
ROMELEN T. TRESVALLES
Chief Science Research Specialist and
Officer-in-Charge, Office of the Regional Director
Department of Science and Technology-National Capital Region
DOST Compound, General Santos Avenue,
Bicutan, Taguig City